Significant investment is a clear indicator of the growth opportunities that businesses see in Orange County. These investments in people, processes, and plants strengthen the county’s capacity in key industry sectors, inspiring further investment from relocating and expanding companies and continuing the circle of growth. From a historical concentration on basic manufacturing, the county has successfully diversified into other sectors, fostering growth and investment in advanced manufacturing and defense.
Diversifying from a position of strength
Orange County has long been known as a center of excellence in manufacturing. Even today, many of Orange County employees continue to work in manufacturing. Consequently, you’ll be more likely to find workers with the skills you require, and you’ll also be more likely to find established supply chains to link into for your business. Orange County’s manufacturing sector has companies with the number of employees ranging from 10 to 600. So no matter how small or large, Orange County can provide for your employee needs. Orange County’s manufacturing base is diverse and represented by companies in metal fabrication, furniture production, wood products, construction materials, food processing, and mineral production.
Orange County’s advantages for manufacturing companies:
- Low electric power rates
- Skilled and unskilled manufacturing labor availability and competitive wages
- Natural logistical advantage: highways, rail, and close proximity to a major airport and a port.
- Shovel-ready sites and buildings
- No inventory tax
- No M&E taxes
- Ready access to vocational education
- Affordable housing
- Outstanding recreational opportunities and quality of life
Selected incentives for manufacturing companies:
- Industrial Development Grant Fund (IDGF)
- Loan Guaranty Program (Guaranteed by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC))
- Capital Access Program (CAP)
- Patent Tax Exemption
- Shovel Ready Certification
- International Trade Show Assistance (TSAP)
- Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE) Tax Credit
- Headquarters Relocation Tax Credit
- Hoosier Business Investment Tax Credit (HBITC)
- New Market Tax Credits
Orange County is a thriving tourism destination attracting an est. 1.2M visitors per year. Situated in Southern Indiana, surrounded by Hoosier National Forest, lodging accommodations range from first-class luxury to charming lake and nature cabins; offering leisure, group, and business guests flexibility in cost and style depending on their needs. A wide array of attractions are available from championship-level golf to Artisan shopping and natural exploration in between. Orange County offers numerous options to relax, rejuvenate, or conduct business.
Check out this AWESOME video show casing a unique spin on Orange County Tourism.